Strip lashes are one of the most innovative products to come out of the beauty industry in recent years. These easy-to-apply false lashes can take any look from drab to fab in a mere couple of minutes, but how do you remove them when you no longer want that look? Well, you actually have several options, give each one a try and see which works best for you!
Eyelash Glue Remover
Probably the simplest way to remove your lashes is by using an eyelash glue remover. You can purchase glue remover from a variety of sources, and most eyelash kits come with some, such as the ones on AshleyKennedy.com. If your kit didn’t come with some, and you need to buy some yourself, make sure that you are purchasing an eyelash glue remover that works with the kind of material your false lashes are made from. Follow these easy steps for removal once you’ve found your ideal product:
- Remove any eye makeup. The last thing you want is to have your makeup run into your eyes!
- Put a small amount of glue remover on a cotton pad, cotton ball, or Q-tip and rub it on the lash line for up to 30 seconds. Then let it sit for another 30 seconds.
- After that minute, gently pull your lashes off and use the cotton swab to remove any leftover glue!
If obtaining some eyelash glue is not a feasible option or your preference, you can always use steam! This is a natural method of strip lash removal that often works like a charm!
- Put on a small pot of boiling water and turn up to a rolling boil
- While that’s coming to a boil, remove your eye makeup. This is particularly important for the steaming method since steam will quite literally melt the product off your face, causing it to drip into your eyes!
- Once the water reaches the boiling point, take it off of the heat (or put it to a low simmer)
- Hover your face over the steam but be careful not to get too close, or you will burn yourself! You want to feel the steam, not hurt from it!
- Hover over the steam as long as you need to. The steam will loosen the lash glue and allow you to remove your strip lashes effortlessly!
The final method I want to mention is by using skin-safe oil instead of lash remover glue. This is another natural alternative, but it does render the eyelashes unusable afterward, so keep that in mind!
- Choose a skin-safe (and eye-safe) oil such as olive, coconut, almond, etc.
- Apply a small amount to a Q tip and rub along the lash line like you would the lash remover glue.
- Allow it to sit for about a minute but keep your eyes closed!
- Gently pull the eyelashes off from the inner corner outward and throw them in the trash!
- Use water to rinse off your face and eyelids.
Removing your strip lashes from AshleyKennedy.com doesn’t have to be a challenge. If obtaining lash glue isn’t an option, there are always other options available for you! Give them all a try and see which ones you prefer!